Master Class for incoming and outgoing MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants
On 19 and 20 May 2022, Ghent University’s Research Department is organising a Master Class for researchers who intend to apply for a post-doctoral MSCA Individual Fellowship. This training will increase their chances of being selected for a fellowship.
Who can attend?
- Postdoc researchers working at Ghent University who wish to go abroad for a postdoctoral fellowship funded by MSCA.
- Postdoc researchers from abroad who wish to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship with Ghent University as their Host Institution, after sending in their application form.
- Future fellows need to have obtained a PhD at the time of the deadline of the MSCA-PF call 2022 (14 September 2022), and have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents.
- Future fellows can be of any nationality, but may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
- Ghent University professors who wish to act as supervisor hosting a fellow who has been abroad for at least 24 months in the past 3 years prior to the call deadline, and who are willing to support the two-way transfer of knowledge between the host research group and the fellow.
Content of the Master Class
The training programme focuses on various aspects of the research proposal: training, Open Access, data management, ethical issues, communication, societal impact, exploitation of results, etc.
How to apply
Potential applicants can apply for participation in the Master Class by completing the application form together with their future supervisor in the envisaged host institution.
For additional information about MSCA PF in general, the Master Class, and conditions to apply, please consult our web page and contact the EU-team.