[UOS] VLIR-UOS call for International Training Programme Projects 2023
With an ITP project, training courses can be organised for professionals from civil society, private or public sector and/or academics, scientists, and researchers at higher education institutions.
These trainings are short- to medium-term, intensive, interactive and practice-oriented. They are distinguished by topic:
- sustainable development;
- transversal skills for higher education (HE) management;
- transversal or priority themes (e.g. gender, sustainable development, human rights, digital 4 development, decent work, etc).
ITP projects can last a maximum of three years, including training modules for short-term periods of a maximum of 6 months. They can be organised in Flanders, in our partner countries, or in a mixed format (online/hybrid).
ITP projects aim to systematically integrate global perspectives. By creating a supportive, inclusive, and networked learning environment, scholars, professionals, and academics acquire transversal skills and state-of-the-art knowledge on sustainable development. This enables them to become experts and critical global citizens, motivated to act as change agents in their network.
- Short-term and medium-term results to be achieved within the project duration of a maximum of 3 years, including training modules for short-term periods of a maximum of 6 months.
- Organised (i) at a Flemish HEI, (ii) in one of the 17 VLIR-UOS project partner countries, or (iii) in a hybrid format.
- Online and blended training can also be integrated into an ITP.
- The ITP format allows flexibility in approaches, including preparatory and follow-up activities on top of the actual training.
- A minimum of 8 scholarships per training edition– no maximum
- Two types of projects are targeted in this ITP 2023 Call:
- Academic training programmes, dealing with topics related to sustainable development challenges, Agenda 2030, transversal or priority themes. Directed towards professionals from civil society, private, or public sector.
- Transversal organisational capacity building training programmes, oriented towards professionals of HEIs (digitisation in higher education, change management, scientific writing, QA, how to set up an international relations office, tech transfer, etc.)
The project budget amounts to a maximum of 150,000 EUR for a maximum duration of 3 years. This period can include multiple training modules and should include a minimum of 8 scholarships per training edition.
The overall budget for ITP 2023 allows for a maximum of 9 selectable projects.
Timing and deadlines
The internal deadline for applications is 22 March 2023 (9:00 CET). The deadline for submission by the ICOS to VLIR-UOS is 29 March (17:00 CET).
The selection decision will be communicated shortly after the ratification of the decision by the Bureau UOS, ultimately in May 2023. The selected projects will be able to start as of 1 September 2023.
Visit the VLIR-UOS website for more information about this call.
VLIR-UOS is organising an online information session on 15 December 2022 from 13:00 until 15:00 (CET). During this session, the call and the application modalities will be presented. Please register here for the information session.
Partnerships Global South
12 december 2022 15:31