Ghent University offers and recommends the web application Belnet FileSender for sending large digital (workrelated) files. The advantage of FileSender is that you can send large files up to 6 TB for free and in a safe way. You do not have to create an account when you are connected to Ghent University.
As a student or staff member of UGent, you can log in to FileSender with your personal UGent account. Go to https://filesender.belnet.be, click on register, choose 'UGent' as your home organisation and click on select.
After logging in, you can upload and send a file. To do so, follow the next steps:
- Fill in the e-mail address of the recipient(s). Multiple addresses can be separated by a comma. The person you are sending the files to will receive an e-mail with a link to download the file.
- Enter the subject of the files. You can also add an accompanying message.
- Choose an appropriate expiry date for your files. The link you send will be valid until that date.
- Choose the file you wish to send. If you want to send several files at the same time it is recommended to do so as a ZIP file.
- Click on send.
You will receive a message when your sent files are downloaded. After the link has expired the files will be taken offline.
- Research Data Management: What is RDM? (Research integrity & ethics)
Last modified May 30, 2023, 8:43 a.m.