[HORIZON EUROPE] Master Class for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship applicants
Online Master Class 2023
Ghent University is inviting MSCA-Postdoctoral Fellowships applicants for an online free-of-charge MSCA Master Class in three modules on May 25th, June 1st and June 22nd 2023.
These interactive training days focus on proposal preparation for the 2023 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships call. The MSCA Master Class is open for applicants who plan to submit a proposal for the 2023 call with Ghent University as their future Host Institution and who have the support of a Ghent University supervisor.
Ghent University supervisors, and postdocs currently working at Ghent University and who want to apply for a MSCA Individual Fellowship with a different host institution are also welcome to join.
In former years, applicants who attended our Master Class doubled their chances of success in the MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships call.
Eligibility criteria for applicants
- Researchers of any nationality;
- Applicants need to have obtained a PhD at the time of the deadline of the MSCA-PF call 2023 (13 September 2023), and have a maximum of 8 years full-time equivalent experience in research, measured from the date that the researcher was in a possession of a doctoral degree and certified by appropriate documents;
- Applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the Host Institution for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the call deadline.
Participants of Ghent University's Master Class
- Postdoc researchers from abroad who wish to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship with Ghent University as their Host Institution, after sending in their application form (see further "How to apply").
- Postdoc researchers working at Ghent University who wish to go abroad for a postdoctoral fellowship funded by MSCA;
- Ghent University professors who wish to act as supervisor hosting a fellow and who are willing to support the two-way transfer of knowledge between the host research group and the fellow.
Content of the Master Class
You will receive a three-day training on various aspects of your Fellowship research proposal, such as training, Open Access, data management, ethical issues, communication, societal impact, exploitation of results, and much more. This training will help you to make your MSCA-PF proposal much more competitive.
How to apply for the Master Class
Find a supervisor
- First the external applicant needs to find a supervisor at Ghent University.
- This supervisor will support the research proposal and, once the project has started, integrate the fellow into the research group.
Fill out an application form
- Together, the supervisor and the fellow will send in an application form to the EU-team (as soon as possible but with ultimate deadline on 15 May 2023, 12:00 CET) where they demonstrate the mutual knowledge transfer which will take place between the fellow and the supervisor. This is an essential condition for the successful completion of the programme. The application forms are available at the Ghent University webpage for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Subsequently, the successful candidates will receive an invitation to participate in the Master Class by 19 May 2023.
- On completion of the programme, the participants will receive further support from the European research advisors. In addition, they will receive a review of the research proposal.
- Ghent University webpage for MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships
- European Commission webpage
- Contact: EU-team@UGent.be
Feb. 9, 2023, 10:50 a.m.