[UOS] Open call for proposals - Programme on Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries
The Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (G²LM|LIC) programme is sponsored by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and managed by the Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA - Institute of Labor Economics) to fund innovative research proposals on the link between jobs and poverty, gender-specific barriers and the growth implications of improving the allocation of talent in low-income settings.
The call for proposals 2023 for the second phase of G2LM|LIC (Phase VI of the overall programme) is now open.
Two types of research grants will be offered:
- Large-scale research grants for experienced researchers based in institutions and organizations from all over the world to fund big research projects in LICs, with a minimum value of 100,000 Euros, up to a value of approximately 400,000 Euros .
- Small research grants to fund research projects in LICs, with a maximum value of 25,000 Euros, mainly targeting junior researchers (PhD students or researchers who have less than five years of work/research experience past the PhD) based in institutions and organizations from all over the world, as well as senior or junior researchers based in institutions and organizations in LICs (see the list of countries here). Small grants are designed to be contracted directly with individual researchers, not with the researcher’s institution.
The call covers 5 wide-ranging research themes:
- Facts about gender, education and jobs: leveraging existing data
- Fertility and labour markets: participation, migration, occupational choice
- Barriers to gender parity: social norms, discrimination, violence
- The future of work: energy, environmental changes and cities
- Policies and welfare: costs and benefits of interventions for gender parity
Timing of the call:
Deadline for proposals April 10, 2023, 23:59 Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Communication of award decisions July 2023
Start of projects October 2023 at the latest
Completion of projects September 2026 at the latest
Proposals must be valid until November 2023.
Take a look at the call website.
Partnerships Global South
Feb. 16, 2023, 11:12 a.m.