[HORIZON EUROPE] ERC calls: WP2024 published - Starting Grant and Synergy Grant calls now open
Work Programme 2024 approved
On July 10, the ERC 2024 work programme has been published.
A summary of the main changes and the work programme itself can be found through the news article ‘The ERC’s plan for 2024 adopted‘ published on the ERC website.
ERC calls 2024 timeline
- ERC Starting Grant 2024: opening 11 July 2023 - deadline 24 October 2023
- ERC Synergy Grant 2024: opening 12 July 2023 - deadline 8 November 2023
- ERC Consolidator Grant 2024: opening 12 September 2023 - deadline 12 December 2023 (!)
- ERC Advanced Grant 2024: 29 May 2024 - deadline 29 August 2024 (!)
- ERC Proof-of-Concept 2024: 16 November 2023 - deadlines 14 March 2024 and 17 September 2024
Changes in budget division
The annual budget for the Synergy Grant call 2024 has been increased to 400 million euro in order to fund about 40 new Synergy projects, as compared to 300 million for 30 projects funded under call 2023.
This budget increase is at cost of the annual budgets for Starting, Consolidator and Advanced Grants which will all fund less projects then in the 2023 call.
|Budget per project (million euro)
|Budget for call 2023 (million euro)
|Budget for call 2024 (million euro)
Webinar on ERC Synergy Grant call 2024
On 18 July 2023 a webinar is planned by the Belgian ERC NCPs on the upcoming ERC 2024 Synergy grant call (indicative call opening 12 July & call closure 8 November 2023).
As part of the webinar programme a short slot is dedicated to the novelties in the ERC 2024 work programme.
Programme and Registration
Homepage | ERC (europa.eu)
Interested to apply for an ERC grant?
Consult the EU Proposal Support Sharepointsite.
Contact: EU-team@UGent.be or Margo.Baele@UGent.be
Previous news item on the changes in the ERC 2024 Work Programme: Bozi | (onder)zoektips (ugent.be)