[UOS] Business Partnership Facility - Enterprises for SDGs 2023b
The Business Partnership Facility (BPF) is initiated and financed by the Belgian Directorate-General for Development Cooperation (DGD) to stimulate private sector involvement in achieving the SDGs in developing countries. It provides a non-refundable grant between 50,000 and 200,000 euros, that represents maximum 50% of the total investment.
The BPF supports viable, entrepreneurial business initiatives with a strong social impact. Each applicant is preferably a partnership that brings together actors from the private sector, civil society, academia and/or the public sector. The partnership consists of a minimum of one business partner.
Check the BPF website for more information and examples of supported projects.
BPF-funded projects must demonstrate their social impact and economic viability:
- Social/environmental impact, contributing to SDGs. For example:
- Creation and maintenance of decent jobs
- Improvement in average income for low income families
- Accessibility to affordable goods and service
- Inclusion and economic development of women and young people
- Positive impact on the environment through saving resources, reducing emissions and/or preserving biodiversity
- Economic viability: Applicant must clearly demonstrate the submitted projects/initiatives are:
- able to become self-sustainable
This call is open to projects in different sectors, but the project must focus on at least one of these three themes:
- Climate, environment and biodiversity
- Gender and female entrepreneurship
- Decent work and social protection
The projects must take place in one of these countries:
Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.
Apply for this grant through the website of the King Baudouin Foundation.
General info: KBF Contact Center, 02 500 45 55
Specific details: Elke Briers, 02 549 03 78 or Hervé Lisoir, 02 549 02 23
Partnerships Global South